Friday, July 3, 2009

Up to speed?

Alright I have a first segement planned and ran a test to do layers moving at different speeds.






I then went to work on my studio title. This studio logo is a reminant of an old website based on a cartoon I was working on in high school. I had done this before manually in Photoshop and animated it in Pinnacle. For this one, I seperated the parts and put them through Flash animations. Using an electric dulcimer made by Bill Buffington run through a microcube I made a short studio logo.




I then worked on the begining titles. I wanted to go with a classic cartoon look so I went with a black/white/with grey tones. I did Grampa "G" in a standard bounce. Woody and Ginger are on opposites sides of the title placer. I had once again problems with the transistions in Flash and had to make some consessions on the change from "Dulci-Tunes" to "Dulci-Toons." Tried digital cut out animation with Grandpa and even drew thw beard in the Flash progam. I tacked the begining titles to studio titles in Pinnacle to see the transition and wa generally happy with the results.



Then I worked on the end titles with Grandpa doing a stationry shuffle and lettering fly on by. I put other names in there for jokes. And because I got tired of my name passing by ... will definately redo this part

Even though it was not part of the sequence I worked on a montage for Old Joe Clark to show some consultants and get some imput. The general thought was that it was too fast. Hmmmmmm.



I had another one of those moments at work. I had been watching some back episodes on the web of tv shows and thought I too needed a commercial. this was the quickest of work time so far ... 8 hours . Things went pretty smooth.

So what now? I have the illustrations for the body scanned. I need to record and mix the soundtrack. Next is to do the Flash and piece it together. Need to hunt for one more sound effect. Setting a goal of July 19th to be up and running. Will I make it?

Time will tell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment