Friday, July 3, 2009

BACKSTORY : part six

In high school, I once had to recite a poem by John Milton. It took me 10 minutes for me to stutter my way through. I was so glad to get to the end that the last line has always stuck with me.

"They also serve who only stand and wait."

We do a lot of that in my line of work. I'm a bellman. and there can be some down time between work orders. I have been writing down ideas in a journal. (A habit that I got into in jr. college ... Thanks Mr. Hagenbuckle!)

So between work orders, I have created characters, storyboards and even new lyrics to old songs. I know ... just what the world needs more lyrics to "Old Joe Clark!"

My lovely wife, Yoko says that I make things too complicated. And I guess this is true. I have tried to simplfy these cartoons so as to make them managable. It is my intention to to use limited animation, flash techniques and found images to make these films. Hopefully I will be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment