Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Call it research ... Yeah that's it ...

Okay ... I've been a BAAAAAAD boy!!!

Vacation is half over. The plan was to work on projects. And yes I have been working on such ... Yesterday, I got the cartoon montage done. It belongs to my introduction to Dulcitooons , I had collected my shots. Footage of Windsor McCay, Nina Paely and a Van Beuren cartoon. I had a shot of Walt Disney pointing to a drawing on a story board that I animated. Funny story ... when I told Yoko what I was doing ... I said I was animating "Walt." She thought I meant Walt "Deanovich" ... a dear friend of mine. The Van Beuren cartoon is in public domain. It's subject is the cartoon process. Paley espouses reverse copyrights where you can make a derivative work so I used her "Sita" to illustrate the artist animator.

This I reedited with a narrative I wrote. But the program was a little wonky. Each time I edited a clip the sound track would go bad ... cut. This slowed the process and it took me much longer.

Seems to be SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) ... perhaps I should name the studio "Snail's Pace."

Today I hope to redo the "I'm crazy!!!" part. A whopping 4 secs . Shouldn't take me more than 2 days :)

I have been moving slower because I should be working from morning to night ... but I'm not. I have been watching cartoons and making copies for Mike and Walt. Christmas is right around the corner. Been studying the Terry Toons. Wish Walt was closer to get him to do work for these. I would love to for him to do backgrounds. Am on the last disc of the UPA cartoons. These are the granddaddy of Flash cartoons ... if artfully done. Makes me think about redoing the the cartoons that way.

Hmmmm. I could do a parody ... a "homage" ... Was thinking of doing a "DPA" or "UDA" using the UPA logo with picks.

Could work ...

Could be fun ...

Now if my vacation was only longer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment