Saturday, December 24, 2011

IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS...

Here it is ... Christmas Eve. the stockings are stuffed ... packages are wrapped and I've gained weight. Things are right on track.

While I sit here in a stupor caused from feasting, I want to reflect on my ... I think ... my 8th online Christmas card. It started with a simple picture and playing , "Here Comes Santa Claus" on Yoko's dulcimer. Over the year's I have explored different programs ... different methods. The common element ... at least one of them is the lack of time to do what I really want to do.

This year was no different. I started by being almost finished a month ago. I had Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Present flying through London. But I wasn't happy with it. The Street scenes did not merge well enough. So I decided to go another direction.

I took "Aunt Rhodie" and changed the lyrics to a warning about her bringing fruitcake. I made the puppets in Photoshop and recorded the sound track. Then life intervened and I found me short of time and making compromises.



I can only move on and enjoy the successes I enjoyed on this year's card. In some ways it is the slickest of the cards I have done to this point. The background was painted and I animated Rhodie's hat flower. I did not get the snow done or the sophistication and detail of the animation I wanted . But the base is there and people laughed.

My current plan is to renew the push to get the first 3 Dulci-toons done and start next years card. Time will see if I can pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment