Friday, March 26, 2010

A Grant

Just when things looked bleak ... it seems as if I got a royal grant for improvements to the studio. This means a new computer! I just did a wedding video for a daughter of a friend of Yoko. My valiant little laptop crashed 5 times. It just doesn't have enough chug. I had done my title bumper and while everything seemed okay in test mode it would not render the final product.

Lady Sylvia gave me a budget that was much larger than I was looking ... and words of wisdom. Don't scrimp. Still when I first started looking at buying I was amazed. Dell wanted $3000 for a top of the line computer. Ernie pointed me in the right direction and I decided because of my needs to go with the I7 processor. I found a Dell at Best Buy. And pricing around it was cheaper than all the rest of the compreable models. Even Dell!!! Why is it that the same specs on a Dell computer from THEIR site is $400 dollars more.

The new computer is up but not running. Toon Boom is loaded (something even Ernie couldn't do with the laptop.) I am getting a KVM switch cable to connect my old computer and new to the monitor, mouse and keyboard. And somewhere I need to find a mini jack y splitter with ONE female and TWO males. Sounds dirty ... huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment